You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Wisconsin, the following information should provide assistance. Whether you are in Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Kenosha or anywhere else in Wisconsin, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

The TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) is a federal program which provides cash benefits to families who have children and are experiencing financial difficulties. Eligibility depends on your financial situation and you are only entitled to this benefit for 60 months.

Wisconsin has a FoodShare program designed to improve nutrition and health for those who need financial assistance. The FoodShare program is geared toward families who have a low income for whatever reason and need money to buy nutritious food.

The WIC Nutrition Program is another federal program which helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well, learn about nutrition and stay healthy. WIC is a program available to pregnant or breastfeeding women, infants and children up to the age of five. If you are eligible, you will receive monthly checks to use at your local grocery store. So, it is worth applying for to see if you are eligible.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

If you would like to go further your education and need some form of financial assistance, the first step is applying for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is a requirement when applying for all other types of financial aid, so it is very important to complete the application properly. It also provides access to other forms financial aid.

For a complete list of scholarships and grants in Wisconsin, you can find it here: scholarships in Wisconsin

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is a government organization which can help you with housing assistance. The HUD can also help make the dream of owning your own home a reality. In addition, they also help with rental assistance and help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) can provide assistance. LIHEAP is a federally funded grant which provides money to help low-income households make home heating more affordable and avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter. In addition to regular heating and electric assistance, specialized services include:

  • Emergency fuel assistance,
  • Counseling for energy conservation and energy budgets,
  • Pro-active co payment plans,
  • Targeted outreach services,
  • Emergency furnace repair and replacement.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

The federally funded Medicaid program pays for medical care for those who can’t afford it. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, other people in need for services such as doctors’ bills, hospital bills, prescriptions, dental care and other medical bills which may arise.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Wisconsin
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Wisconsin

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Stacey Whiting December 14, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I’m looking for any financial assistance. I’ve lost my house, and now my car broke down, so I’m unable to work! If you know any programs that you might think could offer some relief, please email me the information. Thank-you, Stacey Whiting

Stacey Whiting December 14, 2010 at 9:28 pm

I can’t find any help for my situation!

cierra b January 10, 2011 at 8:18 am

i my name is cierra im wondering how to get extra help i’m a single mother of a 2 month old baby boy

Janice March 17, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Looking for help to rent a new apartment for deposit money. Thanks Janice Wisconsin

christine a. March 25, 2011 at 3:48 am

Janice- Community Advocates in Milwaukee,WI will help with deposit money. I’m single mom- of 9 yr. old daughter- unemployed, tried calling them for help with rent. They have landlord program that allows security deposit to be paid with installments.
I’m looking for help with rent money? Anyone know any agencies that give loans ??or aide to unemployed single mom- have child support & UC . Currently, looking for jobs. Thank you

kathryn May 6, 2011 at 2:53 pm

i am a parent that is working on getting a job..and is currently trying to get her kids car is broken down and i dont hace the means of transportation..where can i get help to get it fixed so i can find a job..

Brandy September 1, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I am a single mom of twin boys, 13. We have been experiencing horrible financial problems trying to make a comback from the recession. In addition, my son is cronically ill. Our family is in need of help in all areas. I do work seasonally full time and am looking at getting laid off in the near future. My paychecks have been going 100% to try to keep our household afloat and pay up past due items. I havent had a chance to save up at all for winter. We are looking at disconnection of everything and certain eviction. My vehicle is in need of serious repair also. I dont know what to do. I am working very hard at keeping my boys’ spirits up so they have no idea how bad things really are. I am exhausted.

Tendria Pickett November 30, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Gud Morning!!
I’m a single teen mother of a 1Year old girl I have tried my best to do whats right for my daughter cause I know I can get through this but its a hard struggle with a part time job that only pays minimal wage the with diapers wipes milk food clothes gas and child care I have no money to pay bills or just take care of me sometime. I’m in need of a low rent income house or apartment.I have never experience being homeless but this is exactly what it feels like now.I mean I have no family to help me it seem like just because I hit a bump in the road all hope just gave up on me and my little girl.But I know for a fact i have to continue to fight nd think above the critism and believe and know i can do it and this is just a phase ….
But with that being said can anyone help us…..or know of anyone that can ill even take adice at this time

Amber February 14, 2012 at 2:02 am

Hi. Im currently pregnant but due in 2 weeks. I live with my mom but im sleeping on the couch and Im in need of my own place! I was working seasonal but now i have no income besides unemployment that i still have not received. I get food stamps but thats it! I need help. Idk what to do anymore…

Leave a Comment