You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Washington

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Washington

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Washington, the following information should provide assistance.

Whether you are in Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Vancouver or anywhere else in Washington, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Washington

Washington’s TANF program provides needy families with temporary cash and medical help. Some families participate in the WorkFirst Program which helps participants find and keep jobs. Washington State residents who are responsible for the care of children or who are pregnant may be eligible if they meet income requirements and are a US citizen

Children need nutritious food for their mental and physical development. So, if you earn $43,279 or less, you should find out if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).  You could get up to $5,657 extra back from the IRS when you file your taxes. You can find out more information by calling this number: 1-800-829-1040 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-829-1040 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

The WIC Nutrition Program provides healthy foods and other support to pregnant women and women who have children under the age of five. If you are eligible, you will receive monthly checks to use at your local grocery store. So, it is worth applying for to see if you are eligible.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Washington

If you would like to go back to school and need some form of financial assistance, the first place to start is the FAFSA. The FAFSA is a requirement when applying for all other types of financial aid, so it is very important to complete the application properly. It also provides access to other forms financial aid.

It is also worth contacting the school you wish to attend to see if there are any scholarships available at your desired school.

If you would like a comprehensive list of scholarships and grants in Washington, click on this link —-> Scholarships in Washington.

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Washington

The HUD is the US Government organization of Housing and Urban Development and can help you if you require housing assistance. The HUD can also help make the dream of owning your own home a reality. They also help with rental assistance and help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing – Washington HUD.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) can provide assistance. LIHEAP is a federally funded block grant that provides money to help low-income households make home heating more affordable and avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter. Eligibility is based on the size and the total income of your household and you can receive money ranging$25 to $1,000. LIHEAP assistance program helps homeowners, renters, and people in subsidized housing.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Washington

The federally funded Medicaid program pays for medical care for those who can’t afford it. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, other people in need for services such as doctors’ bills, hospital bills, prescriptions, dental care and other medical bills which may arise. You can call the Medical Assistance Customer Service on 1-800-562-3022 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-562-3022 end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you have any questions regarding the program.

Child Care Help For Single Mothers In Washington

The Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) Program helps families to pay for child care. Households with parents who are working, or are participating in a DSHS approved work activity and whose children meet citizenship requirements are eligible.

DSHS can help pay for the following types of child care:

  • Licensed or certified child care centers
  • Licensed or certified family child care homes
  • Relatives who provide care in their own homes
  • Adults who come to your home to provide care

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Washington
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Washington

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Brenda C Thomas November 10, 2011 at 2:46 am

I am a single mother with a no contact order against my husband who i am divorcing due to 6yrs of domestic violence as far as broken bones. He has parents that are very wealthy and claims he will never work again. I was married young at age 21 and had my babies at a very young age and never made it past graduating high school. I had an attorney for my divorce to try to collect child support and custody. My attorney was able to get the judge to award me $997.00 per month in child support but I have never recieved a single payment due to him refusing to work.As for the custody I have full custody a 10 yr.old a 9 yr.old and a 2 yr.old with no child support. I would really like to work part time and go to school as well to make a better future for myself and my children. I am pretty unhappy and confused WHY I was a homemaker past 10.5 yrs.And on my daughters 2nd birthday I must start work but this state does not inforce the father to work.And as I was told later once the no contact order is over that he has all rights to our children even though he will not pay any child support. My 9yr.old is terrified of him and is afraid she will be forced to see him as she was nearly run over by her father who was drunk in our yard. I had to pull her from hiding under her bed several times due to fear of him. He broke 26 doors in our home he purposly rammed his brand new dump truck his father paid $55,000.00 cash for into my van his dad paid $44,000.00 for causing $17,000.00 in damages his parents paid for.He locked me pregnant along with my two other daughters in a bedrm and left. After 2 hrs. I climbed out window into my rm and was ablre to get my kids out. I had many many other reasons to call 911 on him the abuse was daily but his rich parents would post cash bail sometimes $70,000.00 and he ignored the no contact order and always just came back. His parents are supporting him in all his needs and hes been to virginia 4 times, and several other vacations but yet cant pay a single child support payment.I cannot even afford diapers or school supplies, shoes, etc. Please call me with any questions at 253-549-0739 Thank you sincerly, Brenda c Thomas

Brenda C Thomas November 10, 2011 at 2:47 am

I also lost my attorney.

Leave a Comment