You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

If you are looking for financial help for single mothers in Rhode Island, below is a list of information that will put you on the right path. Whether you are a resident of Providence, Warwick, Cranston, Pawtucket or anywhere else in the state of Rhode Island, the information below should be relevant for what you need.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

If you are needing financial assistance, you may be eligible for the TANF program. The TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) provides assistance in the form of cash benefits for families in need. Eligibility depends on your financial situation and benefits are only available to families for a maximum of 60 months.

If you are having trouble paying for nutritional food, the good news is that you may be eligible for the SNAP (Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program). Formally known as food stamps, the SNAP program provides needy families with credits to be used to purchase food. This is a very worthwhile government program as the US government recognized the importance for providing nutritious food to families, especially children.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

If you need financial assistance for college, the best place to start is to apply for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the core document required when applying for all types of student financial aid (ranging from state and federal governments as well as the colleges and universities) and you can usually obtain it from the school you plan to attend. So, best to contact the school you wish to attend and speak to them there. Also, the school you wish to attend may also have scholarships available, so best to speak to your financial aid office.

If you want a comprehensive list of scholarships and grants in Rhode Island, you can find it here: scholarships in Rhode Island

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

If you are needing assistance for housing, the HUD (Housing and Urban Development) may be able to provide assistance. Whether you are a buyer of your own home or a renter, the HUD may be able to help. Also, if you need housing or rental assistance, the HUD can also assist. The HUD also helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing.

LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a program designed to help households who have high utility bills and you need help paying for them. The LIHEAP program helps low income households meet their home energy needs for either heating or cooling. Financial assistance is provided to avoid shut off of utility services during the cold winter months and hot summer months.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

Medical care can be very expensive and if you need some financial help to pay for medical attention, then it is best to apply for medical assistance. The Rhode Island Medical Assistance Program, also known as “Medicaid” is a federal- and state-funded program that pays for medical and health related services for eligible Rhode Islanders. Eligibility depends on your financial situation and it is worth applying for to see if you are eligible.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Rhode Island
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Rhode Island

{ 5 comments… read them below or add one }

shelly April 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm

i need some cash to get my car fixed $500.

shelly April 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm

please help me–i have two children and no help

kayleigh May 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm

im a single mom of two boys i got a job last month and had to quit this week beacause of the hours .. i have no help and i need help or me and my boys are goin to be homeless..please help me and my boys we need some type of housing assistance please

Michelle Gentle June 8, 2011 at 1:52 am

Hi I am a single mom of a 6yo boy. We are currently living in a homeless shelter in newport ri. i am working part time and am unable to afford an apartment on my own. If any one can offer any help or suggestions i would be very grateful. thank you

Noemi November 9, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I don’t know much about how things work out here in Rhode Island but in Mass. they put u in a shelter or motel and they help with Housing. My son and daughter inlaw were put in a motel and are getting help with Housing. They are getting Housing so they can get on their feet. Maybe u should try going to Mass. to get sum help. They have been in a Motel fro about a week and a half now and they had an appointment to discuss them getting Housing already for sum it may take a lil longer but atleast they help. They went to Public Assistance in Boston. If you have any questions that I can help with please feel free to ask. I hope this information can help you.

Leave a Comment


{ 1 trackback }