You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Nevada

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Nevada

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Nevada, the following information should provide assistance. Whether you are in Las Vegas, Paradise, Reno, Henderson or anywhere else in Nevada, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Nevada

Formally known as welfare, the Nevada TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) is a government program which provides cash assistance to low income families who have children under the age of 18 years and are experiencing financial hardship. Eligibility depends on your income levels and a decision is generally made 45 days after you lodge your application. You are only entitled to it for a limited time as it is designed to help families get back on their feet.

It is important to provide healthy and nutritious food for your children for their mental and physical development. If you are having trouble affording nutritious food, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) should be able to provide assistance. Formally known as food stamps, the SNAP program provides assistance for needy families to buy nutritious food for their children. If you are eligible, you will receive an EBT card similar to a credit card which contains credits for you use at certain grocery stores.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Nevada

Most will know that if you want to go back to school, it can be very expensive. So if you want to further your education and you cannot afford to do so, you may be eligible for some form of financial aid in the form of a scholarship or a grant.

The first place to start is to apply for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the core document required when applying for all types of student financial aid, both on a federal and state level.  You can usually obtain it from the school you plan to attend so best to contact the school you wish to attend and speak to them there. Also, the school you wish to attend may also have additional local scholarships available, so best to speak to your financial aid office.

You can read more about scholarships for single mothers here – scholarships for single mothers.

If you need more information about scholarships and grants in Nevada, this is a comprehensive list: scholarships in Nevada

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Nevada

The HUD is the US Government organization of Housing and Urban Development and can help you if you require housing assistance. The HUD can also help make the dream of owning your own home a reality. They also help with rental assistance and help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) may be able to help. The LIHEAP program helps low income households meet their home energy needs for either heating or cooling. By providing assistance, it means many families will avoid having such utility services shut off during the winter and summer months.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Nevada

The federally funded Medicaid program pays for medical care for families who cannot afford such medical treatment. Medicaid serves low-income parents and their children for services such as doctors’ bills, hospital bills, prescriptions, dental care and other medical bills which may arise. You can call this number 1-775-684-3676 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-775-684-3676 end_of_the_skype_highlighting if you need more information.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Nevada
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Nevada

{ 1 comment… read it below or add one }

Jennifer Munyon July 9, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I need urgent help. I am in process of waiting for my divorce to be final. I have no job; however I have saved all my applications. I am seeking medical, dental, housing, and food support. I really need help right away. Please contact me
702-882-2151. I need to know my options. I was married for 11 years right out of high school so I have no idea how this works.


Jennifer J. Munyon
405 Newcomer Circle
Lv, NV 89107

Leave a Comment