You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Missouri

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Missouri

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Missouri, the following information should provide assistance.

Whether you are in Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Independence or anywhere else in Missouri, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Missouri

The TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) provide cash benefits to families who have children and are experiencing financial difficulties. Eligibility depends on your financial situation and you are only entitled to this benefit for 60 months.

Children need nutritious food for their mental and physical development. If you need financial assistance to purchase nutritious food, you may be eligible for the Food Stamp Program in Missouri. Missouri Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) is the method by which households receive and use Food Stamp benefits. This money is not allowed to be used on alcoholic beverages and tobacco, hot foods, or foods prepared for immediate consumption. They may also be used to buy seeds and plants for use in gardens to produce food for the personal consumption of the household.

The WIC Nutrition Program provides healthy foods and other support to pregnant women and women who have children under the age of five. If you are eligible, you will receive monthly checks to use at your local grocery store. So, it is worth applying for to see if you are eligible.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Missouri

If you would like to go further your education and need some form of financial assistance, the first step is applying for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is a requirement when applying for all other types of financial aid, so it is very important to complete the application properly. It also provides access to other forms financial aid.

It is also worth contacting the school you wish to attend to see if there are any scholarships available at your desired school.

For a complete list of scholarships and grants in Missouri, click here: scholarships in Missouri

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Missouri

The HUD is the US Government organization of Housing and Urban Development and can help you if you require housing assistance. The HUD can also help make the dream of owning your own home a reality. In addition, they also help with rental assistance and help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, Missouri LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) can provide assistance. LIHEAP is a federally funded block grant that provides money to help low-income households make home heating more affordable and avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter. The Missouri LIHEAP has two components:

1.      Energy Assistance/Regular Heating (EA) and

2.      Energy Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP).

EA is designed to provide financial assistance to help pay heating bills for Missourians during the winter months. Eligibility requirements for EA are based on income, family size, available resources and responsibility for payment of home heating costs. If you qualify for EA, may also qualify for additional financial assistance through.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Missouri

The federally funded Medicaid program pays for medical care for those who can’t afford it. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, other people in need for services such as doctors’ bills, hospital bills, prescriptions, dental care and other medical bills which may arise.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Missouri
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Missouri

{ 3 comments… read them below or add one }

Robin November 19, 2011 at 12:50 am

Hi I am currently a single mother and i’m moving out of my ex-fiances house, I got to school 30-40 hours a week and I am not employed, I need help and I don’t know how to go about getting any help.

jayde foster December 15, 2011 at 2:33 am

hello my name is jayde and i have a daughter, kamille who is 18 months of age. as of now i live with my parents who about a yr ago got a divorce and are planning on selling the house we currently stay in sometime in spring. im asking if there anything assistant for housing for mothers like me im currently out of a job right now and is on food stamps and only relieve $206 a month for child support i really am looking for anytype of housing assistant to raise my child in a stable environment without worrying where to sleep soon to come please help

Brooke Shreve June 11, 2012 at 6:21 am

Hi my name is Brooke I have an 18 month old daughter named joslynn I am currently living behind my mom’s house in a small travel trailer I am hiding from my abusive ex boyfriend I live in Oklahoma but I want to move to Missouri to start over with my daughter I have no job and no source of money I do get foodstamps for now I am asking for a miracle please is there any hope for some help?

Leave a Comment