You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Minnesota

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Minnesota

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Minnesota, the following information should provide assistance. Whether you are in Minneapolis, Rochester, Bloomington, St. Paul or anywhere else in Minnesota, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Minnesota

The Minnesota TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) is a federal program which provides cash benefits to families who are experiencing financial difficulties and have children. Eligibility depends on your income levels it is entitled to help families get back on their feet so you are only entitled to this benefit for 60 months.

Minnesota has a Food Support program designed to provide access to nutrition and health for those who need financial assistance. The Food Support program is geared toward families who have a low income for whatever reason and need money to buy nutritious food for their families.

The WIC Nutrition Program is another federal program which helps pregnant women, new mothers and young children eat well, learn about nutrition and stay healthy. WIC is a program available to pregnant or breastfeeding women, infants and children up to the age of five. If you are eligible, you will receive monthly checks to use at your local grocery store. So, it is worth applying for to see if you are eligible.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Minnesota

If you need financial assistance for college, the best place to start is to apply for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the core document needed to apply for all types of student financial aid (all aid ranging from state and federal governments as well as the colleges and universities) and you can usually obtain it from the school you plan to attend. So, best to contact the school you wish to attend and speak to them there.

For a complete list of scholarships and grants in Minnesota, click here: scholarships in Minnesota

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Minnesota

The Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is a government organization which can help you with housing assistance. The HUD can also help make the dream of owning your own home a reality. In addition, they also help with rental assistance and help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants as well as provide information about Section 8 housing.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) may be able to help. The LIHEAP program helps low income households meet their home energy needs for either heating or cooling so their utilities do not get cut off.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Minnesota

The government supported Medical Assistance (MA) program pays for medical care for those who can’t afford it. Medicaid serves low-income parents, children, other people in need for services such as doctors’ bills, hospital bills, prescriptions, dental care and other medical bills which may arise. You can apply for Medical Assistance through your local county human service offices.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Minnesota
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Minnesota

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Deb Masalla May 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm


I am writing in concern for my dughter and my grand-daughter
She is needing the assistance to reloacate (currently on the east side of saint paul)
She is a single mother with a 18 month old girl
She works full time for now becausse there has been talk about lay- offs rcently
She needs to find housing ( emergency or otherwise) by June 1, 2011
She also needs assistance with moving and the expenses

please send information to the email or you may call 507-226-2176

thanks for your time
waiting patiently to hear from you…..

Debra Masalla

Brooke Streightiff October 19, 2011 at 6:30 am

I am curently 19 years of age working 90+ hours every two weeks just to try and make ends meet. I have a daughter named NaKayah and she will be 4 after this up coming Christmas. I was living with my dad because i am not able to work and take care of my child on my own, because i work over nights as well as because it works best with the schedule/situation i have right now. My family is disfunctional and as said im in a very bad/sticky situation. Because of my father and my differences, he decideds to get me the bad end of the stick. so he just kicked me and my child out a half hour before i have to be to work, im left with no time to prepare for anything nor get my own place and be able to work with no one to watch my child while i do so. i dont expect anyone to go out of their way to do anything for me other than to give me some advise on what you would do, or even if you have any references that would help me out.

thanks for your time and
it would be very much appriciated
if anyone could just shoot me an email with anything or any type of information.

god bless you all and thanks again.

Brooke Streightiff

Leave a Comment