You are here: Financial help for single mothers » State Assistance For Single Mothers » Financial Help For Single Mothers In Kansas

Financial Help For Single Mothers In Kansas

If you are looking for information on financial help for single mothers in Kansas, the following information should provide assistance. Whether you are in Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Topeka or anywhere else in Kansas, the information outlined below should be of use to you.

Financial Assistance For Single Mothers In Kansas

The Kansas TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) program is a government federal program providing assistance for needy families with children who are up to age 18 years. Assistance is for low income families who do not have enough money to make ends meet. This assistance is only available for a maximum of 60 months as it is designed to help families get back on their feet. Below are the eligibility requirements:

  • US Citizen
  • Children must be citizens or have eligible alien status
  • Social security number
  • Must earn less than a certain amount of money per month
  • Pregnant women in their last 3 months of pregnancy

Formerly known as Food Stamps, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) program provides monthly assistance that help low income households buy the food they need for good health. Nutritious food is essential for a child’s mental and physical development so it is important to provide such food. If you are eligible, you will receive an EBT card similar to a credit card which you use at the grocery store.

Scholarships For Single Mothers In Kansas

If you want to improve your career prospects by going back to school and if you can’t afford to do so, you may be eligible for some form of financial aid. The first place to start is by applying for the FAFSA. The FAFSA is the core document required when applying for all types of student financial aid.  You can usually obtain it from the school you plan to attend so best to contact the school you wish to attend and speak to them there. Also, the school you wish to attend may also have additional local scholarships available, so best to speak to your financial aid office.

If you would like more information on grants and scholarships in Kansas, this has a comprehensive list —> scholarships in Kansas

Housing Assistance For Single Mothers In Kansas

The HUD (Housing and Urban Development) is a government service which helps low income families who are in need of housing assistance. Whether you want the dream of owning your own home or are looking for rental assistance, the HUD can help. The HUD also help apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants and also have information about Section 8 housing – Kansas HUD.

If you need help paying for your energy bill, LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) can provide assistance. LIHEAP is a federally funded grant which provides money to help low-income households make home heating more affordable and avoid shutoff of utility services during the winter.

Medical Assistance For Single Mothers In Kansas

Medicaid is a program that provides health coverage to some low-income Kansas residents. Medicaid covers families with children and pregnant women as well as other medically needy individuals, provided if state and federal guidelines are met. In Kansas you may be eligible for Medicaid if you are an infant, a child, a parent of a child, or pregnant, and your family income meets the Medicaid income standards. Families who already receive TANF are eligible for Medicaid.

Be Sociable, Share!
  • vuible Financial Help For Single Mothers In Kansas
  • more Financial Help For Single Mothers In Kansas

Leave a Comment