Carrying the entire financial burden on your shoulders can be very stressful at the best of times. Many people come up with very creative ways to save money and we hope we can contribute to the endless list of ideas floating around.
- Create a budget and stick to it!! Most people make a budget then put it away in a drawer and forget all about it. It is very important to make a budget and do everything you can to stick to it.
- Travel by public transport where possible, and even better, walk places. This will do wonders for your health and also your hip pocket.
- Buy generic brands and groceries in bulk whenever probable. Freeze items that are perishable which you will not use immediately. It is also a good idea to stock up on items that are non-perishable when they are on sale.
- Encourage free entertainment for your children, e.g going to the library, visiting the local playground or visiting a friend at their house
- Pack your own lunch for work – it is amazing how much money you spend buying take away lunch at work. So this is a really handy way to save money. It is also best if you bring your own coffee to work as that can also be a real money saver